The idea behind this experiment was to use multiple textures from Jungle DVD on a several terrain models. Having said that, we only used one texture on each of the terrains.
The problem with using only one texture is that pixilation appears on the leaf edges when the camera is placed too close to the top most terrain. Had we used a separate texture comprised of larger leaves, we could have avoided that problem. Still, this little demonstration makes its point.
The strength of this approach is the way the terrain surface works in conjunction with the leaf modeling to create a more lifelike look. The cast shadows on the leaves below add to the full model illusion. Here are the Bryce settings and maps we used.